Harena is a unique coated mineral that has many unique properties. These properties are as follows:
- Oleophilic – Harena is attracted to the hydrocarbons that occur naturally in fuels, gases and oils including synthetics. Isolating them from the immediate environment.
- Hydrophobic – Harena will actively repel water.
- Non-leaching – All adsorbed hydrocarbons are permanently bonded to Harena and will not leach over time.
- Non-flammable – Fully bonded hydrocarbons are non-flammable even highly flammable liquids like petrol and diesel.
- Environment friendly – Harena has been Waste Criteria Tested (WAC) BS EN 12457. Harena can be recycled as a fuel, incorporated in asphalt or maybe suitable for bioremediation via composting.
Harena is easily stored and quickly applied as a dry, free flowing product. It is non-flammable, non-toxic, safe to handle and environmentally friendly, with an indefinite shelf life.
Further product information can be found on the Harena product data sheet.