GPC Clear Solutions limited
Wastewater Treatment with PolyClay
Excellent filtration of your wastewater can be achieved through flocculation treatment using PolyClay.
Wastewater treatment using the PolyClay products is fast and easy. PolyClay wastewater treatment products are based on natural minerals and work by pH adjustment, precipitation, ion exchange, coagulation and flocculation. The PolyClay wastewater treatment system offers many advantages over traditional treatment methods.
These advantages include:
- Wastewater treatment with PolyClay can eliminate the handling of strong liquid acids and alkalis.
- PolyClay typically eliminates the need to pre-mix polymer solutions prior to waste water treatment.
- PolyClay usually encapsulates the contaminants to prevent them leaching back out of the sludge at the landfill site. This reduces the hazardous classification of the sludge and hence substantially reduces disposal costs.
- PolyClay significantly improves the dewatering of the sludge produced after wastewater treatment and prevents blinding of the filter press or filter media.
- Filter press cakes will typically contain 50 – 60% solids.
- PolyClay is usually more efficient than conventional chemistry in removing metals from wastewater.
- PolyClay typically reduces COD and suspended solids levels more effectively than traditional methods used for wastewater treatment.
- PolyClay has fast reaction, flocculation and settling times which enables rapid processing of waste water.
Typical uses for PolyClay:
PolyClay can be used to remove the following contaminates from Wastewater streams:
- Heavy metals – e.g Lead
- Water borne paints
- Water based Ink
- Suspended Solids
- COD- Non soluble
Other uses for PolyClay include:
- Coolant Wastewater treatment
- Sludge dewatering
- To aid filter press efficiency
- Removal of small particles in the glass manufacturing industry.
Wastewater Treatment with PolyClay Flocculation….how does it work?
PolyClay is added to a volume of wastewater, it is mixed for an amount of time (usually 5-10 minutes) it is then allowed to settle to make sure that all the contaminates have adsorbed onto the clay platelets and full absorption of the product has been achieved. After this settlement, mixing is restarted for a further 5-10 minutes where all remaining contaminates and impurities are encapsulated and flocculated. After settlement has occurred, clean and clear water is overflowed and can be recycled back into the manufacturing process and the sludge can be pumped away for pressing.
PolyClay flocculation wastewater treatment systems are also used as a pre-treatment for those waste streams that are hard to treat. After pre-treatment with PolyClay the wastewater can then be further treated with ultra filtration, biological treatment and/or other wastewater post-treatment processes.
We provide a FREE on-site assessment of your wastewater treatment requirements.
GPC Clear Solutions Limited, Unit 22 Riverside 1, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent ME2 4DP.